One of the most important things on your list when planning a trip is buying your Machu Picchu entrance tickets into the Machu Picchu Archaeological Site. Only 2500 people a day are allowed entry into this World Heritage Site so tickets sell out fast particularly during high season from June to August. Children under 8 are free in and children under 18 pay student rate but must show a valid ISIC card.
As soon as you know what date you want to visit Machu Picchu BOOK YOUR TICKETS to avoid disappointment.
How to buy Machu Picchu Tickets:
1. Book your tickets online.
Visit the official ticket site at: www.machupicchu.gob.pe Click on the Union jack flag in the top right hand corner to get the site in English. Be warned that the site is not always working and that it can sometimes be difficult or impossible to actually purchase your Machu Picchu ticket online.
Watch our step-by-step guide to how to buy Machu Picchu tickets online:
2. Book your tickets when you arrive in Cusco.
Go to the ‘Direccion Regional de Cultura’ office with your passport at: Avenida de la Cultura 238, Condominio Huáscar in Cusco.
Opening hours: Monday – Saturday 07.15 – 18.30. Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays. This option is a little riskier particularly in high season when tickets are scarce.
3. Book your ticket with a tour operator.
Machu Picchu Ticket Options: (Prices in Peruvian Soles)
Option1: Machu Picchu Citadel only.
- Foreigners: S/.128 (Approx. $US46).
- Peruvian and Andean Community Residents: S/.65 (Approx. $US24)
Option 2: Machu Picchu citadel and Manuel Chavez Ballon Museum
- Foreigners: S/.150 (Approx. $US54)
- Peruvian and Andean Community Residents: S/.86 (Approx. $US31)
Option 3: Machu Picchu Citadel and Huayna Picchu.
- Foreigners: S/.152 (Approx. $US55)
- Peruvian and Andean Community Residents: S/.91 (Approx. $US33)
Option 4: Machu Picchu Citadel and Mountain.
- Foreigners: S/.142 (Approx. $US51)
- Peruvian and Andean Community Residents: S/.80 (Approx. $US29)